Saturday, June 7, 2008

No one ever knows where life may take them

The reason I say this is because this past week has been very hard for me. I think many times we just go about our business living our life's and get so comfortable in our lifestyles that we forget what life is all about. That just happened to me this past week. My little family has been doing so good financially, making our house our home. Just really living comfortable and then we got a very big reminder that is not what it is all about. Randy had some issues at work that he didn't think anything of and then he got suspended because of it and now no longer has his job as of Thursday (he can be hired back as of March of 2009 but no earlier). They say that life is like a roller coaster well I agree 100%. This past week our roller coaster broke down and was sitting at the bottom of a valley and not moving. I have cried many tears and prayed like crazy and wondered, "Why is this happening to my little family?" Life has been so good to us and then this. It really makes you get back to basics really fast. The Gospel--are we doing everything that we should be doing? What more can we be doing? And what is really the most important things in life? Boy, I have really been thinking about these questions alot lately. I talked to my sister yesterday morning and man, is she wise and helped me realize the bigger picture. Shelly, you really helped me out more than you will ever know. She shared with me a story that I knew about but forgot. A few years ago, just about this time of year, she quit her job so she could finish nursing school. She left her comfortable secure job to finish something that she wanted more than anything, to be a nurse. She said over the summer she worked for $12/hour at the ER @ MCV and was scared to death and cried alot because she didn't know how she was going to make it. But, to tell you how proud I am of her not only did she make it and graduate as an RN she still works at the ER @ MCV now making alot more than $12 an hour. She is also one semester away from getting her bachelor's of nursing. Go Shelly!!!! She also told me that this whole situation probably happened because there is something better out there for us we just have to find it. She said that now when looks back on the situation she wonders why she didn't leave her job sooner to pursue her dream. A blessing in disguise!



Well, Randy has found something else, he will be working for a Contractor for ADT, doing the exact same things he been doing just not as an ADT employee, and he will be making more money. Go figure. The only few downfalls are that he won't have a company vehicle anymore and he will have to pay for his own gas, :( . But, he will only work as far as 50 miles from the office, no more Winchester or northern neck or even out toward the mountains. He will have to use our van for the first little bit until we can get him a small non gas guzzling car. He can work as much as he wants now because he won't have to worry about overtime and the thing he is most excited about is he won't have to wear an ADT uniform and he can wear a t-shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes. He was never allowed to do that before. And the best news of all is he starts on Monday. I guess the biggest lesson I have learned is that when life throws you lemons you make lemonade. The Lord knows each one of us personally, more than we probably know ourselves and he won't leave us hanging, he loves us too much. The most important thing is that we need to go to him often in pray to recieve what he has for us (blessings--more than we will ever know).



Well, last thing, one major thing that I have been really worried about is Health insurance. We will have it until the end of the month through ADT. Yesterday, Randy and I signed up for insurance through the state and we are going to put the boys on medicaid. One last thing, after you finish reading this if you could please pray for the Jones' family that everything will work out for us would really be wonderful. I need all the prayers said on our behalf as much as possible right now. I really just need to put my faith in the Lord and go from there.



I love my family and friends more than anything and am so grateful for them. They allow to be a better person and I want to live my life better because of them. Yesterday was my nephews 13 birthday. I can't believe how big he is and his 15 year old brother also. I love them so much. They bring so much joy into my life. We went out to eat last night for his birthday and let me tell you I really needed that after the week that I have had. My brother the prankster decided to put a bread stick under Logan's bum when he leaned over without him knowing it. When he finally figured out what was happening, he pulled it out and it was flatter than a pancake. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, I couldn't even hardly breathe, I was laughing so hard. The one major thing so far I have learned from all of this is that happiness and joy can be found in so many things and you don't need money to find it.

4 comments:

Our Busy Family said...

I am so glad things worked out (better) for you guys. I love your little family. Your boys are so awesome and you and Randy are always so happy. You are such an inspiration to me!!

Keep-N-Touch said...

it is true, life does throw us a lot of lemons... I am so proud of you for making the lemonade. These are scary times, but I know that the Lord will watch over and protect all of you. Call me soon!

Keep-N-Touch said...

Hey there.. it's me again. Would you mind changing the name of the link to my blog to something other than our last name? I don't want anyone to EVERY try to find my beautiful girls and have chosen not to connect our name with it. Thanks! i love your blog!

~Shari~ said...

I am so glad things worked out for you and your family!! I am so sorry it has been stressful. 2008 has been a year hasn't it? Your doing great!!