Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

I've needed to to write on my blog for some time but I just haven't so here I am. A lot has happened since my first entry. We went to our ward campout on the Friday night of Mermorial Day Weekend and it was so much fun. Our stake is really blessed to have such a nice facility to have all of our functions at. It has a pavillion and a really nice lake with a peninsula in the middle of it. Our Bishop's family brought their canoe, and everyone was taking turns on it. Even the Jones' family made there way out on it, even little Bryson. Mommy liked it until Daddy started shaking the canoe to tease me, then I was ready to get back on solid ground. Randy and Christopher both have fishing poles so they went fishing along with several others. Christopher caught a fish but saddly enough I never got to see it. To tell you how much fun Christopher had we were one of the last families to leave on Saturday and we had to drive to where he was and Randy had to put him in the car kicking and screaming all the way. Poor little guy did not want to go even though all his friends had already left.

On Saturday, when we got home we were so exhausted that we just relaxed the rest of the day. I didn't sleep good at all on Friday night because the kids didn't sleep good and I was awake with them so needless to say I was very tried. I mustered up the energy to give them baths Saturday night because they were both so dirty from the campout. After that I was trying to get them dressed and they both ran into their room and the next thing I heard was a very loud outburst cry like someone really hurt themselves, so I jumped off my bed where I was waiting to dress them and ran into their room and Bryson was on the on the ground with blood coming out of his mouth. I FREAKED! And of course Randy had just left to go to Walmart, I called him and he came home as fast as he had left. Well, the end result, Bryson knocked out his front left tooth, root and all and took a chunk of wood out of the bed railing. I was in hysterics. It was Memorial Day weekend mind you and there was no Denstist offices open anywhere and the other bad thing was that we could not find the tooth anywhere so he had to have swallowed it. Well, I was able to call a few people and they gave me some advice (thank goodness for all my dental student friends). I showed his mouth to an old Bishop of mine (who is a doctor) on Sunday at church the next day and he looked at it and said it looked okay to him. I took him to a pediatric denstist on Tuesday and he x-rayed it and said that he does not need a spacer because it is a front tooth. So he will be toothless until he is at least 6 years old. Poor little guy! Even now when I brush his teeth or he smiles it makes me sad.

So after all that excitment we went camping again Sunday night with my parents at Pocahontas State Park here in Chesterfield. It was really nice despite the mishap from the night before. The boys really love camping. We had a cookout for dinner and almost my whole family was there plus a few extras. My parents and the four of us, Naomi, my sister with her dog Chewie, Robbie, my brother and his girlfriend, Maribel, and her father who was visiting from NYC, and Randy's Uncle Malcolm and his son Tyson. It was a lot of fun. The only people that we were missing was my other sister Shelly, and my two nephews, Alex and Logan, they were with their dad for the weekend and I am not sure where my sister was. But, we had fun nonetheless. Robbie ended up spending the night also. Bryson had a blast playing with Chewie, he loves that dog. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. The next day we went swimming at the pool there at the park and it was nice but the water was freezing. Christopher felt the water and refused to get in after that but Bryson wouldn't get out of the water, he is definitely my fish.